Sunday 22 December 2013

Generations After Sneek Peek: Abigail Cullen-Racluse PoV

Contains spoilers for GA! DON’T READ IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO FIND OUT THE SPOILER!
Abigail Cullen-Racluse
“I’m Abby, what’s your name?” I asked the boy who was looking at me rather strangely. I had just saved his life, so I thought the least he could do would be to tell me his name.
He didn’t speak, he just kept looking at me in this strange way like he was seeing the sun for the first time, not like he was imprinting though. Just like he was so curious.
“What is your name.” I said again, this time is wasn’t really a question, it was more of a demand. I heard my voice turn a little colder, showing the side of me I had inherited from my father’s side.
He blinked again as though he didn’t understand me, and then he made the strangest sound. It was a wimper. A very dog-like whimper like he was in trouble.
“What’s wrong? Can’t you speak or something?” I growled slightly and this made him cower. I suddenly realised that he couldn’t speak, or he was in too much shock to speak.
“You can’t speak can you?” I said glumly and then I sat beside him. He cowered again, this time he didn’t whimper though. “Abby.” I touched my chest, pointing clearly to myself. “Aaaa-bbb-yyy” I said again.
“Aaaabbbyyyy.” He touched my chest and then dragged out the name. Then he touched his chest. I waited.
“Abby.” I touched my chest again and then I reached out and touched his, my hand laying on top of his chest.
“C-C.. oooo…-nn-n-n...rrrrrr.” He dragged out, and I had no idea what his name was still.
“Abby.” I touched my chest again and before I could touch his, he touched his chest and then blinked.
“Connor.” He barked. I blinked in surprise. The name had caught me off guard and it sent a sudden stab of pain through my chest. My best friend Connor had been killed. Sure, he was a dog, literally a dog, but he was still my best friend. I had the ability to speak to animals, so it wasn’t like I couldn’t understand him.
“Your name’s Connor?” I asked in disbelief.
“Connor.” He blurted again and grinned in a weird way which made me want to smile. He bared his teeth widely and then he shorted a little. I felt my brows furrow a little as I realised that Connor my dog had also once snorted and grinned like that.
“Umm… right. We need to go.” I stood up and so did Connor, though as we stood he began to wobble and then he flopped back down on the log. “Don’t tell me you can’t walk.”
“Www...aa-a-a..llllll...k-kk.” Connor said with a smile as if he was learning the english language amazingly quick.
“Don’t you get it? There’s danger in these woods! We need to go now!” I growled at him, and he cowered again and whimpered a little.
“Stop doing that!” I yelled at him, and this time he just blinked in confusion as if he was willing me to understand him. It was a shame I couldn’t understand whatever weird creature he was. I could tell right away he wasn’t a vampire. Not a full vampire, half vampire or witchblood vampire. But he was vaguely a vampiric creature.
“Connor, we need to move. Please.” I begged him, reaching out to grab his bicep and I gave it a tug, surprisingly it didn’t move as I thought it would. His muscles were like tense steal cables as he suddenly froze.
He snarled and then threw me behind him and he turned around to the witches who had just arrived within meters of us.
“Hello again, Abigail. Give us the experiment and we will give you freedom. Chose now.” The witch snarled at me. I tried to step forward from behind Connor but his strength blocked me, his arms were hard as diamonds and as tense as steel cables still.
“Do you really think you can keep her safe? You can’t keep her anymore safe than the last time we tried to take her, and you know what happened then!” The witches laughed at Connor and I had no idea what they meant. The last time I had been taken, or almost taken was when my pet dog had jumped in front of me and had began to bark at the witches, they had shot him with magic, paralyzing him before the ravenous vampire had lept over the witches, snapped on of their necks and had jumped on my dog digging it’s teeth into my pets throat.
The witches then shot fire beams at the vampire setting it on fire and as it burned, my dog had died. Connor the human had been no where in sight. Only my dog had. Luckily due to his distraction I had managed to get away.
Connor snarled at the witches.
“You are our experiment and you will come with us either way! With or without the brat!” The witch yelled at Connor again.
“He’s not going anywhere with you.” I spat at the witches, and I lept forward over Connor’s arm, but he caught my ankle in a vice like grip and threw me behind him again. I had never known somebody so strong apart from my father.
“How…?” I blurted and then I snarled at him. He looked confused again and then I saw one word come to his lips, showing he had the ability to speak.
“Run.” He yelled, and I turned around and began to bolt, Connor quickly on my tail. Clearly the witches had not expected us to simple run away, and all I could hear was yells and screams from the head witch as we ran.
We slowed down after around half an hour of running at full pace, and I realised that Connor had kept up with me the whole way. I stopped running and so did he.
“What are you?” I asked shaking my head. The witches had called him an experiment. I had no idea what he really was.
“Connor.” He said again with his toothy grin. I shook my head which made him frown a little and his brows furrowed.
“I know who you are. But what is your species. What is your purpose for the witches?” I begged him, willing for him to give me an answer.
“Connor?” He seemed to ask now, looking a little dissapointed, like he wanted to answer but he couldn’t.
“I guess it doesn’t matter now anyway.” I sighed and sat down on a large boulder.
“Doo..sss...nn-t-t Maatter?” He asked, and I couldn’t help but smile.
“That’s right. Doesn’t matter. Do you understand what I am saying?” I asked him, and I saw him give me a confused look. “Nod your head for yes, shake for no.”
He nodded.
“So you understand me?”
He nodded.
“You just can’t speak?”
He shook his head.
“You can speak?”
He shook his head.
“You can speak you just don’t know how?” I asked with a frown, and I saw him smile.
He nodded.
“So we just need to teach you to speak. Right. That makes more sense.” I grinned and he grinned in response. He then moved closer to me and laid his hand over mine and pulled it to his chest.
“Connor.” He whispered as he said his name again with no hesitation or stuttering.
“Yes, you are Connor.” I murmured, and then something happened as I looked into his pale blue eyes. I pushed my lips up to his, and I had no idea what possessed me to do this.
He seemed shocked, but he didn’t move or return my kiss. He must kept his hand over mine on his chest. I pulled my lips away, the kiss lasting only a fraction of a second. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to-”
Then his other hand went to my lips and he placed his finger over my lips to make me shut up. I smiled as he closed his eyes and pushed his lips to mine, parting them slightly and then pulling away. “Y-ou… do-..n-t…. knoo..ww…. h-how lon..g… I-v..e waited to d-do that.” He whispered, and I had no idea what he meant, but it suddenly registered to me that he had spoken, and he had spoken more than one word.
“You're talking…”  I murmured.
“I can… talk.” He concluded and then he smiled to himself before pulling away with a sigh, “This… is… wrong.” He growled to himself and then he stood up.
“What’s wrong?” I asked suddenly, no way was a guy who’s life I had just saved and then kissed ditching me now.
“You… me… not meant to be this way.” He said and then he motioned to himself again and said, “Connor.”
“What do you mean?” I asked and he then motioned to his eyes and I realised why they had been so familiar.
“Connor? As in my… pet?” I asked as a lump came to my throat.
“Witches.. gave me… hu- a human body. After I was… bitten, I turned i-into a v-vampire dog… and witches had no idea… that coul-d-d happen. They did experiments, gave me a human form to see if I could shift even though I was a vampire dog…” He growled. I didn’t know what to make of his story.
“You’re my pet dog…” I whispered suddenly half disgusted that I had kissed him. But in another way I saw this as amazing, I couldn’t believe that Connor was alive and well… but he wasn’t the Connor I knew.
“Vampire dog shapeshifter human vampire thing.” He said as he tried to explain his species, again I was surprised that he did not stutter over the words he spoke.
“But… You can’t be. Connor died. I saw the vampire attack-” I then froze realising the vampire had not killed him. He had set on fire before he could do that, and my dog had turned into a vampire dog, something I had assumed would be impossible.
“Connor.” He touched his chest again reasuringly and then he said, “I’m the same Connor. I can turn ba..ck in-into a dog if you l-like.”
“I don’t know what I want Connor. I want my dog back but now I know you can be a human, how the hell am I suppose to treat you like a pet?!” I growled at him, more angered at myself rather than him.
“You said I was your best friend… N-not your pet.” He frowned and then I remembered that I had said that once, but not that exactly.
“No, I said I wasn’t your master, I was your bestfriend.” I frowned, “You were always my pet, but I can’t have a human dog vampire thing as a pet! It would be like my mother keeping my father as a pet in his wolf form or my aunt doing the same with Uncle Jake!”
“They… were born human. I was born dog.” Connor said as he tried to make me feel better.
“But it doesn’t matter. You’re still half human, or whatever you are. You’re some kind of shapeshifter. A new kind of shapeshifter.” I sighed and then I began to pace a little.
“I’m a shapeshifter.” He said proudly, “But I’m still your dog.”
“You can’t be my dog, Connor. You’re not just a dog anymore!” I yelled at him and I began to get frustrated.
“Then let’s just be best friends.” Connor said with a frown, “Like we always were.”
“I guess that could work.” I frowned a little but I felt my lips form a smile after I had finished the words.

No comments:

Post a Comment